In particular, LAIA searches for:
- To specialize in the analysis and archaeological investigations and laboratory archaeometry.
It is recognized as a leader in laboratory analysis and archaeometric research.
- To be a laboratory with a working model that contributes to research and postgraduate students, academics and researchers.
- To contribute to the study and characterization of heritage, archaeological and historical assets, consisting of organic and inorganic materials.
- To contribute to the understanding of the processes of degradation and conservation of heritage, archaeological and historical assets.
- To contribute to generate and transfer scientific knowledge to the regional, national and international scientific community.